Pine kernels are a good source of several essential nutrients. It contains Vitamin A, B, C, D and E. It is an excellent source of B complex vitamins like thiamine, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, folate and pyridoxine. Pine nuts are rich in minerals like manganese, potassium, calcium, zinc, selenium and iron. They are rich sources of pinolenic and oleic acid that are very beneficial for the stimulation of hormones. 100 grams of pine nuts contain 675 calories.
1. Pine nuts are rich in Vitamins A and lutein, both of which are known to support sharper vision.
2. They contain heart-friendly monounsaturated fat.
3. Pine nuts build stronger bones, thanks to their Vitamin D content.
4. They boost immunity, because they’re rich in Vitamin C.
5. Pine nuts contain pinoleic acid, which makes you feel fuller faster, and thus aids in weight loss.
6. They are a good source of iron, which is good news for the circulatory and nervous system.
7. The little nut fights free radicals, thus giving Father Time a run for his money.
8. The protein and magnesium in pine nuts makes them an excellent source of energy, so whenever you’re feeling tired, pop a few and feel like new!